Monday, February 10, 2014

Entonces..... (Kegan)

Short on time yet again

I took to Viña today to get my Carnet (Chilean identity card) and to shop for pants (because the sun has literally been bleaching the pants I have).  It was very odd walking around in JCPenny ( even though they called it Lolabelle or something like that it was definitely JCPenny) here in Chile.  While I was trying pants on I got a call that I should have emailed a document earlier that morning.  Since  I was actually a few dozen blocks from the office I was able to walk there and let them make a copy of it (thank goodness I had that thing in my back pack) because the trip there lasted about an hour and a half.  

But all that is the end of this past week, I should at least begin with Tuesday becuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz... Tuesday night I had an awesome experience teaching a menos activo who had recently begun to reactivate.  We talked about the Restoration (honestly because we were a little worried she´d forgotten), but when we got to talk about prophets (you know, those guys) she confessed that she didn't believe there could be a man today on the Earth who is a prophet of God. That kind of stopped my companion and I in our tracks, which was very easy as we were already seated.  So we began to elaborate the part of the lesson that should be prophets and kind of turned it into a testimony of prophets session, supported strongly by the Bible and the Book of Mormon.  What made the lesson truly memorable was when a helpful neighbor decided to begin blasting Europe´s The Final Countdown just as my companion began to testify.  Yup,  I felt very tempted to begin a Job Bluth magic show.

Later in the week My district leader and I both got very sick, well I was sick, he had some insane back pain due to a scist (SPELLING?) that had grown in his lower back.  We spent an intercambio together with some rest time for him, but of course with contacts and book placing.  The contacts might have appeared very odd the way I had to keep my neck, back, and head stiff to stop the migraine and him walking with pretty stiff legs and back due to the pain, I'm just glad we don´t have video. 

But like I said, short on time.  What was excellent about this week was that Natalia was confirmed this SUNDAY!!!

The not very good news is that I have spoken with the mission President who doesn´t want us walking farther than Loncura from here on (turns out Ventanas, where Victor lives, and Puchuncavi, where Natalia lives, should correspond to us).  That means we have now got to rely on the ward to visit and teach them, not much has happened as of now but we hope to increase the amount of ward missionaries we have to support this change.

ISAAC:   Ipads man!! I can´t believe you even get your email done with them.  When I was in the CCM people talked about a mission in California where they Used Ipads like Lehi talks about the Promised Land, only without the promise of obtaining it.  I´m really curious how you include them in the work and how much they help. Do you use them when you go street contacting? 

Elder Enright

No comments:

Post a Comment