Monday, July 7, 2014

My Official 20th Birthday Scripture: Alma 50:16 (Kegan)

(And thus ended the twentieth year.  Alma 50:16)

Unless the title didn´t give it away I am going to be 20 years old this Wednesday, so please forgive as many allusions to it as I might make, you can´t blame me for being excited, it´s allowed.  I should also give a super happy birthday to Dillon who I forgot to tell last p-day and to my brother Rhys in Argentina before I forget.

As for my week here in Chamiza things have gone super well and rough.  We have been teaching a nine year old kid with adhd named Italo, we have been doing our best to prepare him for the 13th when we have scheduled his baptism and every day just stresses me out more.  I absolutely love teaching him because it´s hilarious how little attention he can be paying for literally about 5 seconds.  He has one of the most honest desires to be Baptized and so we continue to work with that even if our lessons get stressful for the same reasons that they are hilarious.

This Saturday I TOTALLY got my birthday package that I will not speak too much of because I am a little unsure whether my twin brother in Argentina will be receiving one or not. Actually, whatever, it´s about time he learns that I AM the favorite twin.  My absolutely awesome package consisted of a good amount of North American goodies that can´t be found here in Chile or if they can are of lower quality *cough-Froot Loops-cough* The sour gummi Worms are almost all gone due to my perfect charity and goodwill towards church members (It´s so hard being so nice sometimes), I have also come to the realization that people here in Chile have absolutely no tolerance for sour candy (Okay, I shared at least with the Intention of showing goodwill, we'll just say it kind of backfired on some people)

My companion has begun to make fun of me for the amount of Star Wars "stuff" that are now in my possession.  My beloved birthday box amplified the number of reasons for such taunts by just a little.

As for the rest of the week, I was determined to sing the national anthem on Friday and we were able, finally, to sing at the doorway of the second counselor here in Chamiza, *Sniff* ´Murica  (Ether 2:12) ("Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ, who hath been manifested by the things which we have written.")

This has been a fairly haphazard email, but my Birthday is totally in two days and I am excited.

As for Danilo, he was confirmed yesterday and has happily been accepted to the ward.

And they all lived happily ever after

YAaaaaaY!

Love Elder Enright


 Awesome Chilean Barbeque for lunch yesterday (I did not get one of the Churi-pan, so look it up, they are amazing)

 Some of the birthday loot, including the traditional birthday poster decorated by siblings (PS... Kegan is correct that Rhys will not be getting a birthday 'package' from home, as the Argentina mission cannot receive anything that needs to go through customs.. however we did our best to send him anything we could reasonably mail in an envelope, including a smaller birthday poster).

 I´M BATMAN


No comments:

Post a Comment