Thursday, March 24, 2016

A Spanish baptism and the stomach flu (March 7)

I should explain the last email for sure.  Last p-day, we did touch rugby in the Morning and I was playing chess while I was emailing.  So when I was running out of time I did the voice thing where I just talk into the iPad and it writes what it hears.  I must not have done a very good job of spell checking since it I was in a hurry.   Also, we had to quickly go shopping before we headed over to the Bishop's for dinner.  

Anyway, this week has gone by really fast/slow because Tuesday morning I started getting pretty sick.  I had the stomach flu and I really did not get better until Saturday morning right before the baptism.   We did a bit of work all Tuesday, but I was out of it Wednesday and Friday.   Thursday was weekly planning so  we still were
able to do that, but Friday morning we had service at Carol's kitchen, the local soup kitchen that we go to every Friday morning and I was wrecked after that.  

I guess I should explain the baptism thing. About three weeks ago I got contacted that Peggy, an investigator from the Bloomington ward that Elder Cook and I started teaching when we were there, was going to be baptized and she wanted me to baptize her. However, later we got a text saying that the baptism was cancelled because the sister missionaries, who replaced us in the ward, lost contact with her.  Then I was told that it was occurring on March 5th. I later got in contact with the sisters and found out that Peggy had decided to get baptized into the Spanish ward.  Apparently, at one point the sister missionaries had a lesson with Peggy, but they for some reason had to leave and they called the Spanish sisters to finish the lesson.  The Spanish Sisters did and then invited her to the Spanish ward because one of them was going to give a talk.  So Peggy went to the Spanish ward, she speaks both English and Spanish fluently,  and apparently got along really well with the members there.  So after that she kept switching which ward she was going to for sacrament meeting and that was when the Bloomington sisters lost contact with her.  Then she made up her mind to go to the Spanish ward.  So for her baptism, I was able to do the ordinance in English luckily, but I did not understand any of the talks, or prayers.   Also, the ordinance was performed correctly the first time too. However, I forgot to pull the plug so afterwards Elder Seeborg went swimming and I almost forgot all my wet baptism clothes.  We had to turn the car around and head back.   Luckily I remembered pretty fast.   Also, I heard from Elder Seeborg that Elder West, my second companion is about to be engaged.

Have a great week.   This next week we have interviews with President and a temple trip Wednesday.



No comments:

Post a Comment