Friday, April 29, 2016

CCM Week 2 (Erin)

Ryland is going to VIETNAM!!!!? That´s incredibly awesome. Make sure you tell him congrats for me. (a family friend just got his mission call to Vietnam) Liam, I hope you ate doughnuts for me at the Honda place. The doughnuts here are possibly even worse than the ones there.

This week has been rough. Yesterday I had to drag my companions with me to the bathroom so I could lock myself in a stall for a few minutes to calm down. YIKES, I was definitely a mess, but after some tears and chocolate I was good to go. One of the Elders in my district, Elder Pedro, was lifting weights the other day when he dropped the huge weight on his hand and it cut right down his finger. He ended up needing 6 or 7 stitches and it´s been a in a tiny little weird cast thing most of the week. We get about 45 minutes of gym time every day. Most of the time we end up playing volleyball. I´d like to say after 2 weeks of playing every day, we´re getting better, but that would probably be lying. 

Learning the language is, well, going. I´m not where I want to be, but it´s getting easier. We´ve learned some fun phrases that we use as a district as often as possible. One of our teachers always tells us that learning something is muy facile, which means really easy. So, we use that a lot and also oh mi buenoness, which does't really mean anything, but I use for Oh my goodness. It´s ridiculously fun to say. 

Yesterday when we were eating breakfast, one of the hermanas in my district tried to make toast, but people keep switching the knobs, so she almost started a fire and her toast ended up super black. 

Last night we had a broadcasted devotional from Provo with Elder Dallin H. Oaks. It was amazing! He tuaght mostly from Preach My Gospel and I realized I need to study it way more. 

Okay, time to go. Here´s some pictures, love you all! 

 My companions and I! (Hermanas Eastman and Sullivan)

 Hermana Jefferies, me, Hermana Hawkins.
  Hermana Jefferies and I

 Mexico City Temple!!

 Really bad photo of my district at the temple. Seriously, no one is looking at the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment