Thursday, April 21, 2016

Week 1 CCM (Erin)

Finally! It only took me about an hour and a half to find a working computer! This might be short, since I still have to do laundry and go to the store here. 

Guys, THIS PLACE IS AMAZING! Mexico is so colorful, it´s absolutely beautiful! My favorite view is walking down one of the streets at night that is lined with these trees with purple flowers. At the end you can see this huge hill with all these houses and their lights shine through the trees. It´s pretty much a fairy wonderland.  The CCM has also been incredible so far. Did I tell you that I´m in a trio? Well, I am. My companions are Hermana Eastman and Hermana Sullivan, both from Oklahoma. All three of us are going to Puebla, which is crazy awesome. Our district is the largest one here right now. There are only a little over a hundred missionaries at the CCM, though they told us they expect over 700 in the summer. Our district is made up of 4 elders and 7 sisters. We´re already pretty close, but that happens when you are all pretty much stuck together 24/7. 

I cannot express how much I love it here. The food is almost always awesome, if not a little bit odd. They always have random drinks, which I am sure are completely full of sugar. Horchata is by far my favorite though. I LOVE ESPAƑOL! It is frustrating to no end sometimes, but I absolutely love learning it. We had an amazing teacher our first few days for the language, but he left on Monday. He was hilarious. About 2 or 3 days in (can you believe I´ve already been here a week??) we started teaching "investigators" as companionships, completely in Spanish. It´s uber difficult, but slowly getting easier to understand the people we are teaching. 

I love the people here too! I love listening to them speak spanish. I have said "Hola!" about a billion times at this point. We went to the temple today and it was so amazing and peaceful and relaxing. 

Okay, I love you all lots. I really have to go wash clothes, so bye for now!
Hermana Enright

No comments:

Post a Comment