Saturday, May 28, 2016

Last Week (Erin)

 So, I just enjoyed my last pizza night and my last devotional and my last time singing with the choir! We sang the EFY medley in Spanish and it was truly wonderful. Even if the Elders had a hard time keeping the lyrics with the notes. AND today is my LAST p-day here! Next week I will be in Puebla!

    My time in the CCM has been so helpful and I´m going to miss it like crazy. I have learned so much in so little time from inspiring teachers who I am so not ready to leave! One of the things we have been working really hard on as a district is keeping up with goals, daily, weekly, and long term. We had to report language goals for the week on Monday. My teacher took one look at my scripture memorization goal (three for the week) and challenged me to memorize 10 scriptures in spanish by the end of the week. I´ve done 4 so far and completely intend to complete the challenge. I really appreciate the faith our teachers have in us because it makes it so much easier to have patience with my self and to work even harder. 

I´ve had so many experiences here that have helped my faith in the power of the Book of Mormon and the power of the Holy Ghost. Last week my companions and I were teaching one of our investigators named Patricia. We were commiting her to baptism, so I was studying the importance of baptism in the scriptures. I wrote a few scriptures down from the Book of Mormon and then we went to teach. Needless to say it was a rough lesson. I shared one of the scriptures I had, but not the other that I think was in 2 Nephi. It talked about how if ye have faith, why not commit to baptism? When we came back from the lesson one of our teachers asked how it went and we told her that Patricia wouldn´t commit to a date because she didn´t feel the need to get baptized now. My teacher pointed to the scriptures she was studying during our lesson and told us that this scripture she was reading was a good response for that kind of lack of commitment. The scripture she was reading was EXACTLY the one I had studied earlier in 2 Nephi. BAM! Pretty much  a slap to the face. Sometimes I worry so much about getting through a lesson, that I forget to love the investigator, to stop and listen to the spirit. It´s definitely a learning process, but I love how even the tiniest bit of desire, faith, and work changes an entire lesson. 

I thought that I had a really good attitude towards life and patience with others as well as myself before I came here, but these past few weeks have really taught me how much I need to grow in those areas. We talked last night as a district about leaving the CCM and how much work it is going to be to learn the language and be fluent, but I know without a doubt that it is completely possible. I think of how much I have already learned in 6 weeks and I am so surprised. Complete fluency is not possible in a month, it takes time to be perfect at something, and even then you are bound to make mistakes. BUT the more mistakes you make, the more you learn and the more you learn the better you are. I´m so excited to be able to speak an entire new language. I cannot express how much my mission testifies to me of the love God has for me. He knows us so well. He knows our desires and he knows our strengths and weaknesses. Sometimes I look up at the hills beyond the CCM gates and think "OH YEAH, I´M IN MEXICO!". How wonderful it is to know that there is a divine supreme being who not only knows us, but loves us with a love that we cannot comprehend, and who desires more than anything for our joy and success. All we need to do is turn to him and put our lives in His hands. 

Okay, I love you all more than anything. I am so grateful for the wonderful people in my life who belive in me and my ability to succeed. 
Bye for now!
Hermana Enright



No comments:

Post a Comment