Monday, December 12, 2016

(Erin Oct 31)

Okay, so here "halloween" is basically three days. Today is halloween and tomorrow and wednesday is día de los muertos, or soemthing like that. But it´s really quite interesting. I don´t have a lot of time to explain all the stories and traditions, but look it up. I´ll have to take some pictures of all the random weird things all over the town. 

Um....what else. We stopped to visit one of our investigators yesterday to see if he was home, and guess what? HE WAS HOME! This is super awesome because he has a lot of potential but we like never see him. So yeah, turns out he´s been diligently reading the Book of Mormon we gave him like 2 weeks ago and is currently in chapter 15 of 1 Nephi. He explained a lot of it to us and then asked us a bunch of questions, so yeah, that was super awesome. And we asked him to be baptized and he said yes, so that´s also super super great. 

Um......I really don´t know what else. People here listen to a heck of a lot of 80´s music and sometimes if you get in the right combi, there´s pure 80s music for your half hour ride, haha. People here are constantly asking me about Donald Trump and my thoughts on politics which is always fun because not only are we not supposed to talk about it, but I really have nothing to add to the conversation because I have no idea what´s going on. 

The other day we had zone conference and it was awesome, like it always is. We had two stake presidents talk to us about what kind of missionaries they expect us to be and how we need to be helping our wards. OH and also on the 13th on Noviembre we have a special conference where the prophet will be speaking. The conference is specifically for Mexico. Conveniently, I´m currenty in Mexico so I get to go, ha. I think that´s it.
Nothing super terrifying or exciting happened recently. I still talk in my sleep in spanish and the other day we were talking to some Elders before the conference, just briefly, and when they left I honestly could not remember if had been talking in English or Spanish, ha, weird. 

Love you all so much. I love Mexico more and more every day. The people, the culture. I love getting to be part of their lives for a little bit and watch how the gospel changes lives. It is truly incredible. Someone asked us the other day who qualifies as chidlren of God. Do they have to be members of the church or what? This made me so sad!!! I want you all to know that I know without a doubt that we are all children of God and he cares for all of us. There are no qualifications to be his child. Teaching this simple truth every single day has helped me see people as unique individuals, each with a divine potential. To love everyone and truly desire to help them understand this tiny little truth that can change their entire life. 

Okay, that´s all for now
BYE
Hermana Enright

No comments:

Post a Comment