Sunday, December 11, 2016

Happy birthdays and happy Halloween! (Amik Oct 24)

This is also going to be a short email.. like Erin's.  Anyway, the Most exciting thing this week was that it rained yesterday and there was a lot of lighting.   This has been the first time it has rained for months.  Also,  We had to write a few things for one of the members, I think it was for the ward history, so I will share a small portion of it.  

 What 3 things have you learned while on your mission:
  1.  The sweet message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ: faith, repentance, etc. and how it's focus is to make bad men good and good men better.
  2.  The power of the priesthood and its significance in the Restoration.
  3.  The plain and perfect truth of  the Plan of Salvation that gives purpose to my life and motivates me to continue ever onward. 
Funny/embarrassing  story while serving in the Baseline Ward:

One time while knocking on a few doors, an old 80 year old something guy, with a mustache, answered the door and I, not seeing clearly, thought he was a kid so I asked if his parents were home.  It has also happened the other way around as well. 

I feel like that since I have learned so much more of the Gospel that I have started to change into a better man.  I still have a lot of changing to do, getting rid of old habits and replacing them with something better, but as I have taught the three main lessons I seem to understand my purpose more and more.  I hardly understood the message of the restoration when I started on my mission, but the significance of the Priesthood is so much clearer than before.  I will be focusing a lot more on the simple Doctrine of Christ; faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost, enduring to the end, throughout my life.  

I have a lot of work to do.

Also, about the embarrassing story--- that happens a lot.  A contributing factor is that most people have this storm door that is completely made of metal with a lot of little tiny holes made in such a way that they can see us, but we can't see them.  We call it the confession door.  


-Elder Enright-



No comments:

Post a Comment