Monday, December 12, 2016

This is Halloween (Oct 31 Amik)

This was a pretty pretty good week.  Today we just help some one move so we got pizza, without having to buy it ourselves, which we going to do before they offered us pizza.  Also, we have a baptism this Saturday!!!  Not Daniel and Vanessa yet.  But we have a family that moved into our ward a few weeks ago and due to a few complications, their daughter was not baptized.  So we met with them a few times for a few weeks.  And she just had her interview this last Saturday so she is going to be baptized!!!

Anyway, on my mission I have met so many people that remind me that sometimes get so caught up in the thick of thin things that we forget what is really important. We may even forget what our purpose is.  This was certainly me before my mission,  I can't believe it is nearly fifteen months that I have been out.   The sisters that came out with me are almost done.  They have  3 months left!  Also, Elder Welker is going/flying home tomorrow.   I forgot to mention that Wednesday is transfers, but both of us are staying, same with the other Elders in our ward.

I have been reading the New Testament and I find Matthew 28:18-19 interesting: 

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of
the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:
and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

The Savior has given us our mission and it is to teach all nations and baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. While there are many noble and great things to do we can never forget that our ministry is to BAPTIZE!

So you can see that the greatest sources to find those who are prepared to be baptize is through the members. I have seen Less active and part member families who are a goldmine for finding those who need the Gospel and also those who need to come back and enjoy the joy of living the Gospel and keeping covenants.

In the California Redlands Mission we – BAPTIZE! -- with the help of members.

Here is a picture of our distinct and the zone leaders.


No comments:

Post a Comment