Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The Palm Springs tram and two new investigators,and other stuff (Amik)

This week was awesome!! It started out really on a Tuesday, when we got a referral that morning.  We had the day already pretty packed, so we set a time to contact him by phone at four.  Soon that time arrived and we were able to call him.  He had ordered a free bible, since he said he was a collector of bibles, anyway, he got called by salt lake and had talked a bit with a sister missionary.  So when we called him, he said that we could go by right then. So we did, our lesson at the time fell through, and we called and moved back dinner a bit.  We got there and taught the Restoration and he liked it so much that he wanted us to come back later that night to show the Restoration video, the twenty minute one, to him and his wife who would get home at that time.  Anyway, we did that and set up a time to meet Saturday night. The lesson got cancelled because he said he wanted to read first and had so far not been able to. Also, his wife was going out of town for a bit.  Anyway, his name is Bobby.  So that was a good start to the week.  

We also, I forgot if I told you or not, spoke in sacrament meeting.  I talked about the Restoration, while Elder Layton spoke about the Plan of Salvation.  We were asked to do it because:  one; I think because getting us to speak is easy, it is not like we will say no, which happens a lot by the way, and two; because the ward is doing an initiative to have each member, adult, youth, and snowbird invite two people to hear the missionary discussions this year.  So I also threw in a lot about how we teach as missionaries.  And how we know that everyone we teach is different.  The thing is that as Sunday crept up I started not feeling so well.  I put it down to being nervous, but I never have gotten nervous enough to actually make me as sick as I was.  The cool thing is that I felt perfectly fine while giving the talk, not even the least bit shaky.  And then after that I felt a lot better.  The spirt was definitely involved and it was just plain cool.   However, later that day I started feeling sick again.  So I am just jotting it down as because of the food I was eating last week.   

Shawn got the priesthood that Sunday.  He was carrying around little Benjamin, his five month old, for all three hours.  Also, he shaved off his beard so at first, while I was on the stand, I had some trouble recognizing him.  Also, Sean, a different Sean who was baptized the second last Saturday before I got here, passed the sacrament.  Next week he is going to bless it.  Also, a sad thing, remember the lady who was going to be baptized in the hot tub at her house? Her husband passed away Saturday.  He went into the hospital the day before he was going to baptize her due to an infection.  That was about three weeks ago when he went in.  So that is sad. 

Anyway, today we went to the tram in Palm Springs.   It was awesome, the mountain range looked like the Misty Mountains from the Lord of the Rings.  And then we went up and there was snow!! It was so awesome. Also, there was a totally decked out fake Christmas tree light display still all set up. So one of the people up there was totally dreaming of a white Christmas.  I was actually humming that song a couple of times up there.  Next week We are looking into seeing some of a big tennis match for P-day.  

Also, while I was preparing my talk I decided to put in two great quotes by President Boyd K. Packer: 
"We all make mistakes in life, and these mistakes create feelings of guilt and shame. These feelings cannot be relieved without repentance and forgiveness. They can be fully healed through the Atonement of Christ." 
Another fantastic quote by President Packer is:  "The Atonement leaves no tracks, no traces. What it fixes is fixed. … It just heals, and what it heals stays healed. The Atonement, which can reclaim each one of us, bears no scars, and can wash clean every stain no matter how difficult or how long or how many times repeated.”  This is what the lord promised us and he settled it when he atoned.

-Elder Enright-











No comments:

Post a Comment