Wednesday, May 24, 2017

May 22, 2017 (Erin)

Okay, not gonna lie, this last week was super duper hard and towards the end there I was kinda super grumpy and frustrated. But hey, new week, new goals, new attitude right? I hope so...but I have started this week off with feeling super ill, woohoo. 

But hey, we did have some pretty interesting experiences which I´m sure you´ll all love to here about. 

Last Monday we did end up going to my old area, Nanacamilpa, to see a few members. Seriously, the highlight of the week. We did start the journey in a super hot combi loaded with tons of people and we were super squished and then the combi moved at about a centimeter an hour, but we did eventually get there.  I got to hang out with some of my favorite families in the world. I even have pictures that I´ll attach. 

On Wednesday we decided we should go help some sisters in Puebla because one of them fell and twisted her ankle, so hasn´t been able to walk for a few days. We figured we´d go and surprise them in the morning and do divisiones. But when we got to their house after a 50 minute bus ride they weren´t even there because they were at the doctors. We tried to call some other sisters to see if they needed some help, but they were busy planning for the week, so we just ended up going back to our area, haha. it was really kind of horrible because we were already kind of low on money and then we just used a ton to go all the way to Puebla for nothing. 

For three nights in row last week it rained and hailed super hard, and the lightening was incredible. Luckily we enter our house at 7:30 due to a few things going on nearby (nothing super bad no worries) so we were in our house by the time it was pouring. I love this time of year here in Puebla because even though it is ridiculously hot during the day, so much that I want to cry, by the time it hits 6-7pm it´s raining. And this is almost every day. LOVE IT.

Okay, so last experience. We were heading home the other night, but we had not completed our goal for knocking doors, so we decided to knock on this teeny tiny white door and this teeny tiny old lady was there. We introduced ourselves super fast and I don´t think she caught anything because she let us in to her house (which like never happens) and was so nice and told us that she didn´t know who we were but was willing to listen. we sat down at her table all excited to finally teach someone and my companion told her again that we were mormons and then she stood up super fast and said ¨"Oh no, I don´t want anything to do with mormons, I´m catholic, so you guys can leave thankyou." and then proceeded kick us out of her house and back into the rain. Haha. It was super funny, but I think I was laughing so hard to keep from crying, haha. 

We had to cancel one of our baptisms for this week because she has yet to seperate from her boyfriend/ husband that really isn´t her husband. She is so sweet, but does not have a whole lot of motivation to leave. We´re hoping that she can get moved this week and get baptized the next. The other baptism we have planned for this coming saturday is a little girl, Monse, she´s the youngest of a family of less actives and they are working on getting back to church and all. The only problem has been that her parents have been gone practically every day to take care of their grandma. Hopefully they´ll be home this week so we can set up an interview and get her baptized. 

So yeah, I lot of not so fun experiences and not a whole lot of luck in the teaching aspect of missionary work, but I have learned something through all of this that I think I´ll share with you guys. You know the story of shadrach, meshach, and abednego when the king threatens to throw them in the fiery furnance if they don´t start serving his gods? Okay, well I have been thinking a lot about this story and the reply of shadrach, meshach, and abednego, Daniel 3 17:18 - 

17 If it be so, our God whom wserve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery  furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, king.
18 But if not, be it known untthee, king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor  worship the golden image whicthou hast set up.
I love their reply, but especially the part that says "but if not.." They weren´t sure if God was going to save them. But they were not going to give up, they would hold faithful to the very end, even if the end meant that very moment. And so that is what I have been trying to apply on my mission. I don´t know who will answer their door, who will accept us and when. I don´t know if the baptisms we have planned are going to go through. Some weeks seriously are the worst, but I will be diligent and do my job, even if today or tomorrow I don´t see the miracles. I promised my heavenly father to be a good servant here in the mission and that is what I´m going to do. 
Okay, well I love you all so very much. I love my Savior and I love missionary work, even when it is super duper hard and frustrating, haha.
Hna Enright
Familia Hernandez. Goodness I love this family so much. Santiago, Tommy, and Mosiah are the kids and the mom is Hna Bere. 

 Mosiah (Mosi). He´s so darn cute even though is mom did cut all his adorable curls off.

 Yep, still  adorable


Hna Juanita and her father. Hna Juanita is Hna Bere´s mother-in-law. They´re so great and Hna Juanita cooks the best food. 

 Sarahí. She has such an attitude, but I love her anyways.


From the top of our apartment building. So pretty


Hna Ferniza and I (One of my old companions) during the zone conference, which I totally forgot to mention, but it was a zone conference, super great, super inspirational, and yeah. I did teach both zones, which is not my favorite thing in the world but hey. We taught about unity in companionships and had  about 20 minnutes to do it. I´m just super glad it´s over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment