Sunday, July 23, 2017

The sanctified soak (Amik)

This transfer has started out interesting, nearly all of our lessons have cancelled.  So Elder Brown, my new companion, from Beaver, Utah hardly knew anyone till Sunday, and now he is still working on getting to know everyone.  Anyway,  I did the first week of myplan, which I must say was a very clever creation and really prompts thought on what I am going to do with my future.  Anyway, On my mission I have picked up several quotes of some men speaking concerning what they think the secrets of achievement  are. And many others, like things Boyd K packer has said. Thomas Edison said, “Geniuses themselves don’t talk about the gift of genius. They talk about hard work and long hours.” He also said, “Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration.” Michelangelo said, “If people knew how hard I work to get my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful at all.”  And Paderewski said, “A genius? Perhaps, but before  I was a genius I was a drudge.”  Alexander Hamilton said, “All the genius I may have is merely the fruit of labor and thought.”  Dorothea Brand wrote a whole book,  Wake Up and Live, to get across one simple formula for success: “Act as though it were  impossible to fail.” Shouldn’t we in God’s kingdom act as though it were impossible to fail? There  is no reason we need to fail.   

Also, another quote I think is cool I have been thinking about.  "Overcoming the world is not one defining moment in a lifetime, but a lifetime of moments that define an eternity."
 -Elder Neil L. Andersen Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles-


Also, on a side note Elder Brown and his family raised pigeons, specifically roller pigeons. These Pigeons fly and at times "roll" causing them to fall in the air.  Anyway this morning we went by a former investigator's house,  and watched him fly his birds.  Berry, the former investigator, had around 100 birds.  We only watched 25 of them flying.  



No comments:

Post a Comment