Saturday, August 12, 2017

August 8, 2017 (Aislin)

  Hello, everyone! This might be a pretty short email. Sister Barlow and I have to leave soon for our 6.5 hour roadtrip to St. Stephen, New Brunswick. Moroni's Quest starts tomorrow!!! Needless to say, I'm a little excited.

  First off. Today is my 6 month mark!!! YIKES, time goes by too fast out here.

  Anyways. Now that I got that announcement out of the way, I'll get on to the more exciting stuff.

  This week wasn't too great for finding. Mostly because we were out of town. We had a two day New Missionary conference on Thursday and Friday. Long, but so worth it. We had a lot of new missionaries this transfer and they didn't really get all the info in the mission home that President wanted them to get, so we had trainings on the mission culture and rules and Preach My Gospel and effective scripture study, etc. It was so much fun! I learned a whole lot and I was so excited to start applying it all into my missionary work. 

  On Friday, we drove home from the conference just in time for a dinner appointment. Afterwards, we stayed a couple hours to help sew our tunics and everything we needed for Moroni's Quest. Now we each have two Nephite/Lamanite tunics to wear for the next 4 days! I'm so excited for Moroni's Quest! It's going to be such an amazing experience and a wonderful opportunity to strengthen the testimonies of the youth in the Maritimes. 

  I wish I had more to tell you this week. The work in Wolfville has been suffering a little with us constantly being out of our area. We had an investigator drop us (over text) last night. It was rough. I realize people have their agency, but I also know that I could've been a better teacher in order to help them lean a little more towards choosing the right. In our new missionary conference this week we learned about having faith the find the elect, and how important it is to not get discouraged when someone drops you, or someone yells at you, or a door slams in your face. You just have to say, "It's OK, because our message is true!" because that's all that matters. If I know for myself that my message of the restored gospel is TRUE, and I proclaim that with every ounce of strength and courage I have, then if someone rejects me, they reject me, but it shouldn't make a difference to my testimony and my foundation of faith. What's true is true, no matter how many people doubt it. This week I want to get better at boldly testifying of the things which I know to be true. #1 I KNOW that the Book of Mormon is the word of God! I know that Christ really did come to the Americas to teach and bless the people here. How could he not have? I love my Savior more than I can say. I remember when I was in primary and we learned about Christ blessing the children, I was so worried that I was going to be grown up by the time the Second Coming happened and Christ wouldn't want to bless me anymore! What an irrational fear that was, haha! I know that Christ loves me, has loved me, and will forever love me, whether I am 6 or 19. What a comfort that is!

  I love you all!!! I hope you all remember this week just how much your Savior loves you! Talk to you next week! :)

- Sister Enright

P.S. One more quick testimony of prayer! Friday night, during my prayer, I asked Heavenly Father to help me laugh a lot the next day and do you know what Sister Barlow and I did all day Saturday? We laughed! I didn't even realize that God had answered my prayer until late that night. Keep in mind that God always answers your prayers and it's so important for us to recognize that and be grateful for it! Laugh lots this week! Love you!


PICTURES!


 Sister Barlow and me


Brother and Sister Bush - I love them so much!

President Pratt on the back of a missionary's planner. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment